Reflect upon systemic social change and foster plans of action to initiate a transition based on sound science put to the service of the common good for all humanity.
Disseminate information on the possible forms of participation (activities in Montreal and activities outside Montreal, assemblies, initiatives sets of activities and spaces of activities. Analyze the announcements of these forms of participation in the WSF website by participants. Structure physical territory where activities will take place in Montreal, and provide participants with a document indicating the time and place date for each activity self organized self in Montreal or other places in the world. Prepare “common moments” : march, opening, agora of initiative closing .Stimulate the post event phase for documentation and consolidation of initiatives
Unique en son genre, la plateforme WEROES offre des outils de revendication tels que des pétitions/boycotts/manifestations, mais permet également de construire ensemble des plans d’action personnalisés pour combattre les injustices à échelle globale. Nous serons présents durant le FSM 2016 pour vous donner toutes les clés de compréhension de ce réseau en voie de devenir un outil de référence pour les activistes !
WEROES, unique platform, offers claims’ tools like petition/boycott/demonstration so we can be able to build personalized action plans together in order to fight social injustices at global level. We will be at WSF 2016 to give you all the keys to understanding this social network on track to become a reference tool for activists!
Encourage the participation of individuals and organizations in the WSF 2016 and the emergence of committees to contribute to this participation from geographic and thematic areas freely defined by those committees.
Ensure the external communication of the collective and develop the information and participation WSF 2016 website.
Welcome people in the collective – help persons willing to get involved in finding the group they want to contribute in, and the tasks they will take charge for.
The Collective Against Immigration Detention is a broad coalition of individuals – including refugee advocates, healthcare providers, lawyers and researchers – who believe that people should not be incarcerated for immigration reasons.
Our long-term goal is to eliminate detention based solely on immigration grounds, in the absence of dangerousness. The following shorter-term goals are proposed for discussion: 1) Detention of children and families with minor children must be prohibited; 2) Less coercive alternatives to detention, such as conditional release or accommodation in an open residential facility, must be given priority; 3) Immigration detention should never last more than 60 days; 4) In all decisions regarding immigration detention, its potential negative impact must be taken into account, especially for vulnerable groups such as pregnant women, disabled people, elderly people, persons with serious illnesses, persons with mental disorders, victims of human trafficking, and persons who have been subjected to torture, rape or other serious forms of psychological, physical or sexual violence.
To reconstruct legal values to the end that human rights are more sacred than property interests and to give support and assistance to movements in the US and abroad that work toward that end, including change of US foreign policy that works against it.
Main activities of the Association are as follows:
1. Organizing, training and educating justice watchdogs as well as reporters throughout the world.
2. Providing legal assistance including hiring lawyers and offering legal advice to the victims of oppression, discrimination and injustice free of charge to defend their rights as well as extending legal supports to the resistance activists and those fighting against oppression all over the world.
3. Providing the international community with accurate information about the innumerable injustices and cases of discrimination committed by the domination system in different parts of the world and pursuing them until the oppression would end and the justice would be achieved.
4. Offering consultation to the organizations and institutions performing crucial functions in legislative, judicial and executive areas in fulfillment of exercising the rights of people.
5. Organizing meetings and workshops for Iranians in different parts of the country to educate them about the general rights, civil rights and the rights of defendants as well.
6. Creating centers comprising supporters of justice and the activists inside and outside the country to enhance the civil and non-governmental supervision of justice.
The recent financial crisis has highlighted once again the pernicious role played by tax havens in the global economy. Tax havens aggravate financial crises and contribute to its gestation, increasing financial instability and its effects. They are a tool that sharpens inequality and poverty, distorting tax systems of all countries and depriving them of the necessary income to maintain proper levels of public services. Tax havens enable and protect financial crime, thanks to their high degree of opacity and lax financial regulation; and they undermine democracies by conditioning the behavior of countries with respect to economic policy. Finally they are the preferred space used by financial instruments and transactions that have increased quantitatively and qualitatively the power of finance to the detriment of the real economy and of the States and their democracies.
The struggle against tax havens requires much greater force, while simultaneously needing much more precise and comprehensive definition of what really are these tax shelters currently held by the main international organizations.
Along with the establishment of taxes on speculative capital transactions, the abolition of tax havens is one of the unmistakable signs of identity of ATTAC. For the same reason ATTAC proposed the establishment of the “World Day for the Abolition of tax havens” for the day June 10th, we propose to make a global call to civil society to demonstrate publicly to demand their unmitigated elimination on this day.
The objectives are as follows:
1. To remind world public opinion of the existence of “tax havens.”
2. To inform and sensitize the people about this international scourge.
3. To mobilize public opinion with the aim of pressuring the parties, governments and international political institutions towards their complete elimination.
4. To report and to disclose a complete and accurate list of existing tax havens, where they are residing and the role of each in the global economy.
5. Report and make public the names of companies and individuals that make use of such financial spaces.
– If your are interested by the initiative you can press the ‘follow group’ button here below
– If you want to see the whole initiative press ‘initiative’ in the menu bar below this text, this will show :