The WSF is a space for public exchange, dialogue, popular education, citizen participation, networking and defining joint programs of action. It stimulates the dynamism of social mobilizations and democratic life which help us move together towards a more united, democratic, fair and sustainable world.
In preparation for the next edition of the World Social Forum, which will be held in Montreal on August 9-14, 2016, we would like to invite you to join the self-managed International Solidarity Committee.
Last October, a dozen thematic areas were proposed in order to regroup and organize the multitude of issues, struggles and ideas that will be discussed during the 2016 WSF. International solidarity is one of those thematic areas and we would like to convene a self-managed committee to facilitate connections and coordination between groups, organizations and individuals who are interested in this theme and who want to participate in the 2016 WSF.
The objectives of the self-managed International Solidarity Committee are the following:
- Develop joint activities for the 2016 WSF
- Network to develop a collective workforce
- Discuss issues of common interest
- Engage in dialogue around working methods and actions
- Create advocacy alliances
- Any other objective which participants would like to pursue
If you are interested by this self-managed committee, here are two ways to get involved:
* Register to the committee’s mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com in order to receive news and invitations related to this committee in the coming months;
* Participate to the committee’s first meeting in Montreal on Decembre 11th from 2PM to 4PM at 1001, rue Sherbrooke Est, Montréal (salle 111).
The committee meetings will be held in French and in English. Simultaneous interpretation will not be available but we will ask bilingual participants to volunteer as translators. For those who can’t come in person, it will be possible to participate by Skype or by phone.