“Human Rights Declaration to Save People’s
Health, Lives and Livelihoods from Radioactive Disasters
Voluntary members of the Network to Evacuate People from Radioactivity August 8, 2016
1) Recognize the absolute need to decrease the post-3.11 maximum permissible annual dose of 20 mSv back to 1 mSv, the minimum and unequivocal right of citizens affected by the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Disaster to evacuate based on this limit, and to prescribe a domestic law to protect this right.
2) Citizens worldwide recognize that the rights to evacuate based on the universal 1 mSv limit as a universal right to be ensured for all world citizens, establish this in an international treaty, and apply this to protect the rights of current and future generations of people who suffer from nuclear disasters.
3) Measures taken by the perpetrators of this nuclear accident were 1)to conceal information, 2)increase various dosage limits and 3)understate the magnitude of the disaster, which consequently endangered the lives and health of a vast population of citizens exposed to radiation. This constitutes a “crime against humanity” as defined by international humanitarian law, and should be punished by the International Court of Justice.
4) The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster is the worst man-made disaster in Japanese history, as well as the worst outcome of a capitalistic economy for which the Japanese government has neither the will nor the financial means to save. We must recognize that establishment of the solidarity economy and social economy formed by independent, mutual-aid organizations is the only way to save victims suffering from illnesses and poverty.
The human rights declaration above supports that:
1) Terminating housing subsidies for voluntary evacuees by federal and local governments after March 2017 violates statements 1) and 2) Of the human rights declaration above, and that the federal and local governments must therefore retract(repeal?withdraw?) this decision.
2) The Japanese government has the obligation to insure evacuees’ living standards appropriate for the abovementioned rights of evacuation and should immediately fulfill its obligations.
I endorse this declaration of human rights, and sign herein.
This initiative has been presented via convergence assembly : https://fsm2016.org/en/activites/assemblee-de-convergence-des-habitant-e-s-pour-le-droit-a-lhabitat-au-logement-a-habiter-la-ville-et-le-droit-a-la-terre/
If your are interested by the initiative you can press the ‘follow group’ button here below
For more information on this initiative, click on the Initiative button in the menu below the description.